Monday, November 22, 2010

Menu Plan Monday



Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope you are looking forward to the rest of the week with anticipation, towards the WONDERFUL menus planned for Thursday’s celebration. Are you getting together at someone else’s house or is everybody coming to yours? If they are all coming over to your house, then I am certain you will be busy this week, not only with cooking, but with cleaning! I am blessed this year to be meeting my family over at my brother and sister-in-law’s house Thursday afternoon. That means I DO have to cook, but I do NOT have to go crazy cleaning my house. Yay!

If you know me personally, you will know that I have been dealing with some health issues lately. I have quite a few tests on the schedule, so I am kind of keeping the menu simple and some of it is pre-made. That’s okay, right? Frozen foods are there for a reason, and this is one of them. I wish I had made the frozen foods we will use myself, but I am not “there” yet. My family eats all I make, if not the day I make it, they finish it off for leftover lunches and occasional do-it-yourself dinners. One of these days (when I have a bigger freezer or a separate unit in the garage), I will get to the cooking once a week and freezing it for a rainy day.

Here goes, and again, have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Monday: Ravioli, with marinara and a fresh veggie/cheese plate (carrots, celery, lettuce, and cheddar slices with dip and crackers).
Tuesday: Nacho night. Plus, a dear friend who was concerned for me, stopped by and brought us our favorite Dominoes pizza. Thank you, Lady L.!
Wednesday: Pizza and breadsticks. We love DiGiorno,  if it’s not delivery!.
Thursday: Our menu: Turkey and stuffing, honey ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, candied sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top, green bean casserole, macaroni and cheese, cranberry-marshmallow salad, pasta salad, cranberry sauce, blueberry muffins, rolls and homemade jam, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, and banana cream pie. (I am making the green bean casserole, stuffing, mac and cheese, and banana cream pie.)
Friday: Leftovers. Yum. I think everything tastes better the second day. Or maybe it is the fact that you don’t have to cook it all that makes it taste better…
Saturday: Scalloped potato and ham casserole served with green beans and apple sauce.
Sunday: Turkey and veggie casserole with noodles. Crockpot apple crisp.

Thanksgiving blessings to all of you,

Heather

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...