Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Gratitude Challenge---Day Two---I Voted!

 


I voted today. How about you?


                                      I Voted glittering comment from FLMNetwork.com


Today I am thankful that I live in a country where I have the freedom to vote. Even if I am not always happy with the way things turn out, at least I had a say in it. Even if things go in a direction I don't like for a while, there is always the opportunity for ME to do something about it by VOTING. I also have the freedom to do more than just vote, like helping a candidate who is running for office, spreading the word about important issues, educating my children so that they will be informed voters, or perhaps even being the mother of someone who runs for office someday.

I think that living in a country where we have the freedom to look at issues, ponder them, and make choices (instead of them being made for us) is great. I just wish more folks made their choices using the Bible as their measuring stick of right and wrong instead of Hollywood and pop culture...things would be so much better if they did. But at least I live in a country where I am (usually) free to tell folks when I disagree with what they think and why I think it is wrong...and I also have the right to try to correct the wrongs I see.

I hope and pray that things stay that way. We all need to work together to make sure that our children retain the same rights and privileges we have grown up with, and we need to educate them in the correct ways to exercise them. Let us never take the freedoms for which our forefathers and grandfathers fought for granted.

Blessings,

Heather

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...