Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thankful Thursday---Treasure Hunting


Is this awesome, or what? It is a beautiful needlepoint picture I bought just this afternoon. I love what it says.

I was blessed to be able to go to the local antique mall/tea room today with my mother and sister-in-law, who is about a week away from delivering her second child, a son. We had a deeeeeelicious meal as always at La Petite Tearoom. I had an open-faced ham and cheese sandwich with pineapple chutney,  a pot of Earl Grey tea (yes, I drank a whole pot by myself), and a scrumptious piece of chocolate ganache cake.

Then we walked around the antique mall for several hours, looking for bargains and treasures. I found some of each. My bargains were a sturdy yellow-painted cast iron watering pot key holder for the reasonable price of $6 and two lamp shades for $1 each.

My treasure is the picture you see above. My mom says she can tell it was meant for me. I know it, too. I have one wall, the one above our piano, that is covered with pretty cross stitch and needlepoint pictures (none of which I made...my talent lies in finding them at bargain prices). This picture was absolutely MADE for that wall. The price tag on this one was $40. It is a bit more than I normally spend on something like this, but since it was so obviously meant for me, I could not resist. ;-)

I absolutely LOVE it.

So today, I am thankful for my incredible treasure find. I am also thankful for my mom and my sister-in-law and their fun company at lunch. And lastly, I am thankful for my hubby and (mostly) Tex, who watched the kids while I went out and had a good time with the ladies. Thank you everyone.

And thank you, God, for saving this picture for me. I promise to give it a good home.

May it serve as an everyday reminder for what some of the most important things in life are...our kids and the time we are blessed to spend with them.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...