Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lovely Little Miss Sunshine



I would like to thank Denise, at Light, Liberty, and Learning for awarding me my first two blog awards. You all may think it is silly, but I was sooooo excited when she told me to check out her blog and see what she had for me, and I discovered these two awards. I am new to this and I really appreciate all of the encouragement I have recieved from many individuals. Thank you, everyone. Thank you, Denise!

Here are the rules for the awards presentation:
1. Thank the one who gave it to you and link to their blog.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Choose seven others to bless with the award and let them know they've won an award.

 Here are seven blogs I enjoy that I feel reflect the
award titles of "One Lovely Blog" and "Sunshine Award."
Please visit them and offer them encouragement this week.
I am sure it will really make their day!


Lastly, here are the seven things about myself. Maybe you will find them interesting. Maybe you won't. That's okay. I know my mother reads my blog and at least she will enjoy them!!

1. Speaking of my mother, I have the coolest, most wonderful parents in the world. Did you know that they came over yesterday on a 100 degree plus day and my dad helped Hubby mow our lawn (ahem, maybe lawn is not the right word since the mowable areas are over five acres worth). Mom helped me make my blueberry jam, helped keep the kids occupied on a day when it was too hot to go outside, AND made dinner and pie for dessert. They are truly awesome folks. Thank you both. I love you guys!

2. I LOVE to read. I collect books. I have LOTS of books, and many overflowing bookshelves (but not enough...shelves that is.) I probably have enough books for two libraries, but that won't stop me from finding more books I want at the next library sale! Seriously, before we moved from Florida I donated over one thousand books to the library (really, I am NOT exaggerating) and did not even make a dent in them. It is an addiction, I think. Help?

3. Random thought: my favorite movie is Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the original version with Gene Wilder). Strange, but true. It's one of the only movies I will actually watch more than once. The Sound of Music and Fiddler on the Roof are two more.

4. I am the designated photo archivist for my family. That means that for every 100 pictures of my kids, there is one of me. That's okay, I like the pictures of them better than the ones of me anyway.

5. By the time I was sixteen, I saved up enough money to buy my first horse. Actually, the deal with my parents was 50/50, so they paid half, but they also contributed to the tack 50/50, and a few other things, so if you consider the total amount, I can tell myself I bought the horse and they paid for the stuff. He was a full-blooded Arabian gelding, a Bask grandson, a beautiful blood bay, smart as a whip, and he loved to jump. So did I. I still miss him. We could complete an entire course of 3-4 foot jumps with no tack (bareback and bridleless) cantering like the wind and carefree as summertime. These days when I ride I rarely go above a trot. When did I become such an old fogie?

6. I am seriously a Pepper. No Coke or Pepsi for me, though occassionally I do the Dew. One of these days I will go green and only drink water, but I am not looking forward to that day at all.

7. I am blessed to be the mom to six of the coolest kids on the planet. They are so sweet and bring me such joy every single day in so many ways. I can't say enough about how thankful I am to have such wonderful and amazing children. I am so glad we homeschool so we can spend most of every day together. Thank you, Hubby for working so hard to make that possible. I would hate to miss all the incredible moments of their lives that I am blessed to experience by being at home with them. Thank you, Jesus, for blessing us all so very much!

This was fun. I hope you had fun, too. Now go and be a blessing to someone today the way these awards were a blessing to me (I am still smiling...thanks, Denise).

Blessings to you,

Heather

3 comments:

Mrs. White said...

Heather, I loved reading more about you! I wonder how many books are in my home library? I should count them. But I am sure you have many more! How do you store them? Or, I should say, How many bookcases do you have? (smiles)

Thanks SO much for the award!!! I was delighted when you told me!

Blessings
Mrs. White
The Legacy of Home

Denise said...

Hi Heather!
I am so glad you were happy! I honestly love your blog and your pictures of your family!
Reading the 7 things about you made me smile! I loved the nice things you said about your parents (Yes, they are sweet people!), and my daughter would love to purchase a horse by 16 also! In fact, we just told her about a month ago to start saving her money so she can buy her own someday.
Sadly, we don't live in the country though. :(

Enjoy your day!

Vickie said...

This was great reading. It is good to meet you. You have a beautiful family. Thank you for the blog awards.

GOd's Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...