Sunday, September 25, 2011

How to Build a Storm-Proof Marriage

a ministry of SM Davis

The movie Courageous is set to open in theaters on September 30th, 2011. It is another fine movie by the talented folks at Sherwood Pictures, the ones who produced Fireproof, Facing the Giants, and Flywheel (all excellent movies). All reports say that is another winner, with the potential to have a positive impact on the lives of families everywhere. I can't wait to see it. Have you put attending this movie on your family's calendar? I hope so.

In the meantime, check out this sermon from a favorite pastor of mine, SM Davis, called How to Build a Storm Proof Marriage. Consider listening to it with your older kids, as you prepare them for adulthood. You can also download a worksheet to fill out as you listen, which I find helps focus my teenagers (and helps my mommy-brain recall important points!).

I hope this sermon will bless you and your family. You can check out a list of many more sermons by Dr. Davis that you can listen to for free at Bible preaching.com. I highly recommend purchasing his set of 150+ mp3 sermons, if you have the funds. It has blessed our family greatly in our Christian walk, our marriage, and as parents.

By the way, I was fortunate to be invited to a pre-screening of another fine movie last week called The Mighty Macs. It is based on the true story of the underdog women's basketball team from small, underfunded Immaculata College who won the first college women's basketball championship in the 1970's. I just wanted to give you a heads up that this is a wonderful film, absolutely family-friendly, filled with encouraging messages, edge-of-the-seat moments, and plenty of laughs. My father attended the screening with me and loved it, too. I think it would be a fine movie for all the members of your family, so please consider supporting it by adding it to your calendar. It opens October 21st.

Have a blessed Sunday.

Heather

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...