Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sermon Sunday--More Guardrails

Guardrails by Andy Stanley

If you have ever been stuck at home on a Sunday because you were sick and turned on the television hoping to find a good sermon to listen to in lieu of church, there is a good chance you have come across Charles Stanley. Now, Dr. Stanley is amazing. He's comforting, convicting, and a guy I'd be glad to call my pastor, or even better, my grandpa (not that I don't love my own grandpas, too!)

Well, in case you didn't know, Dr. Stanley has a son who has gone into the ministry, and he is pastor of a large church just like his dad. Andy Stanley is an incredible Bible-preaching minister, who will challenge you to "walk the walk" as you "talk the talk." I have yet to hear a sermon of his that I had anything negative to say about. I don't think I ever will.  He is clear, convicting, and what he says will challenge the way you think.

A while back in the Sermon Sunday archives you will find a post on the Guardrails series. I liked it back then and like it even more today. It is about how we all need to set limitations, rules, for ourselves to help us adhere to living life the way God wants us to live. This involves more than simply obeying the Ten Commandments. It involves living within the spirit of the Law, doing the "right thing" even in the unspoken things, those things that God is not specifically prohibiting and does not specifically tell you how to NOT do. You can see my previous post for a more in-depth description of the series.

Anyhow, the Guardrails series was off the FREE! part of their site for a while (or at least I could not find it, because I looked), but it is back now. I don't know how long the entire series will be on the site for FREE!, so you really ought to make time this week to listen to it HERE while you wash dishes, fold laundry, do yoga, or sit with your kids and have study time with the Lord. It will surely bless you and your entire family.

Tex will be listening to it again this week with me, because even though it is our Spring Break, we still will do Bible every day (and the little kids still want to do their Time4Learning, BibleTown, and Reading Eggs because they are so much fun!). I listened to the second sermon, the one on Friendship last night, and it will really make you think, so if you can't get to all six, at least try to listen to the first two.

I hope you have a blessed Sunday,

Blessings,

Heather

2 comments:

Kristy Jensen said...

I really enjoyed listening to the first two sermons. The second one on friendship keeps cutting off in the middle (but I found the transcript on a different website). I like Andy Stanley. I will look forward to listening to the others.
Thanks for posting!

The Red Brick Farmhouse said...

Great post! Thank you for sharing these links. I will have to go and take a listen!

Blessings~
Laura

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...