What the kids thought about the program:
- They liked it. All three of them, ages 3-7, requested it if I forgot to do their Kinderbach on any given day.
- The "daily" lessons were brief, so that is great for those with limited attention spans, and you can always do more than one if your attending abilties and interest levels are higher.
- There was a lot of activity going on during the lessons. That is a good thing, because it kept the Three Amigos' interest up. BUT, do not try to do them during a wee one's naptime! Doing them in a small space will also be a challenge.
- The teacher is very sweet and all three of my children liked her. She was very encouraging.
- The characters are cute. Firefly and Cowboy liked them.
- Ladybug did most of the keyboard activities, while the others focused on participating in the other activities, such as music, marching, playing other instruments, coloring, etc.
- I have the opinion that if your child is older (3rd and up?), he/she may not be challenged by this curriculum. It is a nice, simple, clear introduction to concepts such as tempo and half notes, highs and lows, loud and soft, hand placement, etc., but it might move too slowly for a child in the higher elementary grades. That is why it is marketed to younger children, though a sibling who is in charge of "running music class" for the little ones would certainly learn a thing or two!
- We liked the variety of activities. The kids valued their accomplishments.
- We give it a "two half notes up" rating!
Want to find out more about this innovative program?
Start by watching the introductory video HERE.
Then, check out these links...