A very kind fellow blogger, The Adventurer over at Life’s Adventures, awarded me the Stylish Blogger award on my Blessings Pour Out blog. Wow!! Needless to say, I am thrilled by it, and want to say a HUGE “Thank You!” to her. Here it is: “Thank you!!”
I like to visit her blog because she travels, and I am currently doing a geography project with the kids called Where in the World? Wednesday. I just love the IDEA of travel, but other than an if-you-are-lucky trip to see relatives about once a year, I haven’t done much of it (though we did better on our trip planning this year and had quite an adventure!). Thus, I will live vicariously through others, and take “virtual trips” on the internet...at least until the kids get a bit older.
More recently, Lisa at the McClanahan Seven blessed me with the same award for my childrens’ blog, The Three Amigos Weekly Work. The Three Amigos are three of my kids: Ladybug, Cowboy, and Firefly. I guess we will have to change it to the Four Amigos in a few years when Baby Boo gets a bit older, but for now, the Three Amigos LOVE their blog and they use it each day to complete their schoolwork. Thank you very much to Lisa for the award! Please visit her and check out her cool scrapbooking room…I want one. Can your hubby come over and help my hubby install one next week?
Lastly, Phyllis over at All Things Beautiful blessed me with the Versatile Blogger Award also over at the Three Amigos site. Now, I never even expected anyone to go to that site, let alone to award it, so I was quite surprised…wow, and thank you!! I am going to display this award here since I AM the “versatile blogger”…I hope that is okay with her. I don’t really want to confuse the kids with a post about the awards on their school blog…but they are tickled pink that THEIR blog is so admired. Thank you to all of you kind ladies. I feel very blessed.
I am honored to be one of the bloggers The Adventurer, The McClanahan Seven, and All Things Beautiful chose to bless when they passed on their awards, and now I get the opportunity to do the same.
Rules for accepting these award are:
- Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award (I did this!)
- Share 7 things about yourself (see below).
- Pass this on to 15 other great bloggers you recently discovered (see below).
- Contact the selected bloggers and tell them about their awards.
- I like the tradition of tea time. I prefer Earl Grey, though Lady Grey is a close second. I adore scones, or anything baked, and actually like to bake myself, though it seems there is not enough time or energy for me to do much baking these days. The kids would like to change that, for sure, and I am positive Hubby wouldn’t mind if I did more.
- I love old movies, especially musicals and Fred Astaire films. Something about Fred’s twinkling smile and tapping feet makes me happy, and who can feel grim after singing along with the songs on the Sound of Music?
- I try to read at least five “good” books a month. Usually those “good” books are non-fiction books about some topic I am interested in. You can see many of my previous months’ reading lists on the right sidebar.
- When I graduated from high school, I was sure I was going to become a veterinarian. I even got accepted early to Virginia Tech with a (albeit small) scholarship and hoped to go to the vet school there. However, somewhere along the line, I realized I am too much of a softie to do the hard things that are included in the life of a vet (putting animals down…sometimes perfectly salvageable ones). So, I eventually got my teaching degree (both of my parents are teachers), and I am glad it worked out that way. I live out my love for animals by collecting them on our hobby farm. LOL.
- I have to take two graduate courses this semester to maintain my teaching certification. I am NOT looking forward to all of the extra work, but the content looks interesting. Hubby and I have decided that the investment is worth it, since we have at least five children to graduate still (and you never know what else may come…>smiles!<) and keeping my certification current makes homeschooling easier in our state.
- I like to rescue old quilts. I haven’t found the time to make one from scratch yet (or the motivation), but I do find time to sew up rips on bargain old ones I find at the flea markets. I got a yoyo quilt top from an antique store about a year ago, and I have recently learned to make yoyos in order to repair and restore it. I’d like to use it as a tablecloth under glass on my dining room table, but the glass is too expensive. Until I can afford the glass, I may hang it on a wall…if I can find room!
- I may have said this before, but I LOVE BOOKS! I like old books and new books, red books and blue books, short ones and fat ones, dog ones and cat (in the hat) ones…Books are fun, books are great, books are something I appreciate. Go books! Get the picture?
Please visit some of these stylish and versatile blogs and leave a comment for their bloggers. I know they’d love to meet you!
- Adventures in Unsell Land
- Marine Corps Nomad
- Mindful Ramblings
- Household Ways
- A Teaching Heart
- Joy in Our Journey
- Orange Marmalade Mama
- Crazy Homeschool Mama
- A Full Heart
- A Mommy’s Adventures
- Deanna’s Corner
- Petra School
- No Idle Bread
- Mom Loves Books
- To Be Busy at Home