Last month we were asked to try out a computer program called LanSchool. It has been called the "one essential tool teachers need in computer-based classrooms." Since as a homeschool, our house is our classroom, we thought we'd give it a go, and see how it helped (or hindered) our family's ability to school effectively. Here is what we discovered:
From the LanSchool Information Sheet:
- Facilitate learning by allowing the teacher to show their screen to students.
- Remove distractions, such as the Internet, applications, USB drives, and printing.
- Keep students on task through real-time thumbnail monitoring.
- Get student's attention by blanking out their screens.
- Assist students through remote control and chat.