Today is Ladybug's 8th birthday.
Happy birthday, Princess.
Here are a few things I love about her and am very thankful for:
- Her willingness to help
- Her tender heart
- Her eagerness to learn new skills
- Her silly sense of humor
- Her beautiful smile and her big brown twinkling eyes
- Her diligence and persistence in developing skills, such as reading and roller skating
- Her "girlie-ness" that is tempered with a love of bugs and climbing trees
- Her excitement in doing simple things
- Her desire to please her parents and God
- Her compassion for people who are hurting
- Her artistic side and the cute way she tilts her head to look at things she is drawing
- Her obedient nature, and her contrite spirit when she makes a mistake
- Her tendency to organize things (because it is so nice to have someone else around the house who thinks like I do!)
- Her long wavy hair that is so much fun to play with
- Her delight in writing stories and making lists in tiny notebooks which she carries in her purse
- Her curiosity about the world and her sense of adventure
- Her developing interest in cooking and her enjoyment in perusing cookbooks
- Her love of nature and being outdoors
- Her camaraderie with her siblings
- Her active imagination and amazing storytelling skills
- Her squeezy hugs and her sweet kisses
- But most of all, I love that she is a Princess, a daughter of the King, because she asked Jesus to be in her heart...Knowing that she has accepted God's gift of eternal life is what I am most grateful for today.
Happy Birthday, Sweetheart.
We sure do love you.
Who are you thankful for today?