Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sermon Sunday---Genesis: The Key to Reclaiming Culture

Taken at the Creation Museum in Petersburg, Kentucky


We were blessed to visit the Creation Museum yesterday. The museum's grounds were absolutely gorgeous. The above flower was just one example of the lovely composition within the gardens, which were filled with colors, textures, am sounds, and fragrances so infinite in variety that I do not see how anyone could believe that this all came together by mere chance. Walking through the beautiful and peaceful gardens I was reminded of the song Indescribable by Chris Tomlin. That is the song I want to share with you before moving along to today's sermon.

Since we visited the Creation Museum yesterday, I thought a sermon/lecture by Ken Ham would be appropriate. I have heard many of his lectures and I have loved them all. I think this topic, the importance of Genesis, is one that is high on my list of "must hears." I first heard Ken Ham speak at a Wordlview Weekend conference some years ago, and it was a real eye opener.

I believed in a young earth and a literal six-day creation at that point (thanks to Kent Hovind's fascinating series of creation science videos), but I had never really considered the fact that if a person doubts the validity of what God's Word says about the creation week, then there is room for them to doubt other things...such as the crucifiction, the resurrection, and our need for forgiveness. I was more in the mode of thinking that one's view on how creation took place was not important to salvation and something I didn't want to argue with others about.

But the truth of the matter is, that really, either you accept the whole package deal of what the Bible says in all of its parts, including the Genesis creation account, or you are adapting the truth to suit your own humanistic worldview...when you should really be using the truth of the Bible to find your answers.

Take some time this week and listen to this sermon from Ken Ham on Genesis: The Key to Reclaiming the Culture. This is one that the whole family would benefit from hearing. It will fire you up to get back at your studies and to include some good, solid Biblical Worldview teaching this year.

Enjoy!

Blessings to you and yours for a pleasant and praising Sunday...

Heather






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...