Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sermon Sunday---How to Survive Tough Times


This week, we have been earnestly praying for our youth minister's wife, Valerie. She is in critical condition following routine surgery and it is not clear at this point if she will make it. Her husband (and the rest of her loving family) is going through a very tough time right now...I can't even imagine. I am thankful that I know the two of them had peace over the surgery and agreed to trust God for the outcome. It must still be indescribably difficult to face the potential loss of a loved one and to handle it with grace, patience, and unfailing trust, yet he seems to be managing just that. If you have a moment, will you please stop and pray for Chris and Valerie? Thank you.

Here is a five sermon series from Dr. Greg Mazak from Trinty Bible Church: How to Survive Tough Times series from the book of James. I haven't listened to it yet, but I plan to this week. I found the series on Sermon Audio, so I am figuring it will be a thought-provoking one. I honestly don't know if it addresses situations like this Chris and Valerie's, but I think we can all identify with tough times, especially these days when things in the economy are running a bit on the lean side.


God is good, and it is wonderful to know He is with us, no matter what is going on around us.

Anyway, leave me a comment if you get around to listening to any of these sermons. I'd love to hear what you think.

Blessings,


Heather

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...